- To improve health care in our community, Texas, our nation, and the world through innovation and education.
- To educate the next generation of leaders in patient care, biomedical science and disease prevention.
- To conduct high-impact, internationally recognized research.
- To deliver patient care that brings UT Southwestern’s scientific advances to the bedside — focusing on quality, safety and service.
Facts About UT Southwestern
Enrollment (as of Fall 2011)
- Medical School 932
- Graduate School 645
- Health Professions 370
- Clinical Residents 1482
- Postdoctoral Fellows 1161
Faculty (as of Fall 2011)
- Full–Time 2006
- Part–Time 643
- Volunteer 1407
About 3500 projects funded by support from federal agencies, foundations, individuals, and corporations.
12 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators and one early career scientist on campus.
Annual research expenditures have grown from $46.7 million in 1985 to $417 million in 2011.
More than 400 million dollars a year
Clinical Training Hospitals
Career Opportunities at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Maps & Directions
- Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
- Auxiliary Enterprises/ Campus Resources
- Business Continuity and Emergency Management
- Community and Corporate Relations
- Public Education and Continuing Medical Education
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Equal Opportunity and Minority Affairs
- External Relations
- Faculty Diversity & Development
- Financial Aid
- Global Health
- Government Affairs and Policy
- HIPAA Privacy Office
- Human Resources
- Information Resources
- International Affairs
- Legal Affairs
- Physician Outreach Program
- Research Administration
- Student and Alumni Affairs
- Technology Development
- University Police
- Women's Careers