- To improve health care in our community, Texas, our nation, and the world through innovation and education.
- To educate the next generation of leaders in patient care, biomedical science, and disease prevention.
- To conduct high-impact, internationally recognized research.
- To deliver patient care that brings scientific advances to the bedside — focusing on quality, safety, and service.
Facts About UT Southwestern
Enrollment (as of Fall 2012)
- Medical School 947
- Graduate School 639
- Health Professions 327
- Clinical Residents 1561
- Postdoctoral Fellows 1140
Faculty (as of Fall 2012)
- Full–Time 2076
- Part–Time 647
- Volunteer 1390
About 3500 projects funded by support from federal agencies, foundations, individuals, and corporations.
12 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators and one early career scientist on campus.
Annual research expenditures have grown from $46.7 million in 1985 to $418 million in 2011-12.
More than 400 million dollars a year
Clinical Training Hospitals
Career Opportunities at UT Southwestern
Maps & Directions
- Auxiliary Enterprises/ Campus Resources
- Business Continuity and Emergency Management
- Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
- Community and Corporate Relations
- Public Education and Continuing Medical Education
- Diversity & Inclusion and Equal Opportunity
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Faculty Diversity & Development
- Financial Aid
- Global Health
- Government Affairs and Policy
- HIPAA Privacy Office
- Human Resources
- Information Resources
- International Affairs
- Legal Affairs
- Physician Outreach Program
- Research Administration
- Student and Alumni Affairs
- Technology Development
- University Police
- Women's Careers