STARS (Science Teacher Access to Resources at Southwestern) was developed in 1991 to improve the quality of science education in North Central Texas by making UT Southwestern Medical Center’s vast educational resources available to middle and high school science teachers.
Since its inception, STARS has grown to serve more than 10,000 teachers and 50,000 students in 3,000 schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding areas. The scope of STARS has steadily expanded to include more than 20 programs and projects, which are available free to teachers and students in Texas.
- Broaden the knowledge base of science teachers
- Increase science awareness
- Provide instructional aids
- Provide ongoing support for science teachers and students
- Stimulate an appreciation of health-related careers
Core funding for STARS is provided by the state of Texas.
Send Us a Message
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9137
Phone: 214-648-9505 or 1-800-81-STARS