How to Apply for Residency
Applications for most residency and fellowship training programs use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All application packages must include:
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Medical School Transcript
- United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensure Examination (COMLEX) Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation (LoRs)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for International Medical Graduates Only (Please note that UT Southwestern Medical Center routinely sponsors J-1 visas. We can discuss with applicants directly if they have a specific question about other visa sponsorship.)
Residents must be eligible to rotate at each of our clinical training sites. Most sites require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, and some sites do not allow for exemptions to this requirement.