Cardiology Fellowship Programs
- Develop future leaders in cardiology who seek to influence its practice by generating new knowledge, implementing innovative practices, and advancing education in their communities and nationally.
- Train broadly competent, highly skilled cardiovascular specialists who strive for clinical excellence and who practice equitable, compassionate, patient-centered care.
- Promote individualized training pathways that foster unique, fulfilling, and impactful careers.
- Produce graduates who are lifelong learners that are intellectually curious and who are discerning and adaptable to changes and challenges of healthcare in the future.
- Create an environment of learning that promotes and values diversity, collegiality, and individual well-being.
UT Southwestern’s cardiology fellowship programs provide participants excellent and exciting opportunities to advance their knowledge, careers, and the field of medicine itself. We offer cardiology fellowship programs in three broad areas:
All of our clinical programs emphasize state-of-the-art clinical training with excellent volumes and faculty supervision, integrated with didactic instruction and innovative research. Postdoctoral research fellows will find a broad range of training opportunities in several laboratories, with the major thrust of the basic science research focusing on cardiomyocyte biology.
The Division of Cardiology currently has 40 fellows in its various programs, drawn from the top medical schools in the country.