Postdoctoral Training Opportunities
To explore available opportunities, you may:
View available positions posted by faculty below.
Contact faculty members directly regarding training positions in their laboratories.
Browse research by department based on your specific field of interest.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s educational and working environment provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including sexual harassment), age, disability, citizenship, and veteran status. In addition, UT Southwestern policy prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Advanced Imaging Research Center (AIRC)
Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Primary Cilia, Developmental Diseases, and Cancer — Saikat Mukhopadhyay, M.D., Ph.D.
- Autophagy in Gametogenesis and Cell Development — Fei Wang, Ph.D.
- Fluid-structure modeling for simulating embryonic development — Konstantin Doubrovinski, Ph.D.
Children’s Research Institute
- Molecular Functions and Co-dependencies of Extrachromosomal DNA in Cancer —
- Nutrient Signaling & Metabolism — Gerta Hoxhaj, Ph.D.
- Functional Genomics and Cancer Metabolism — Javier Garcia Bermudez, Ph.D.
- Gene Regulation, Single-Cell Genomics, Computational Biology, and Machine Learning — Jian Xu, Ph.D.
- Epigenetics, Metabolism, and Gene Regulation in Hematopoiesis and Leukemia — Jian Xu, Ph.D.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Metabolism — Michalis Agathocleous, Ph.D.
- DNA Tumor Viruses — Richard C. Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Skin Microbiome and Innate Immunity — Tamia A. Harris-Tryon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Research in Neurofibromatosis — Lu Q. Le, M.D., Ph.D.
- Genetics and Molecular Mechanisms of Cutaneous Disease — Donald A. Glass II, M.D., Ph.D.
Green Center for Reproductive Biology
- Bioinformatics and/or Genomics — Jin Chen, Ph.D.
- Chromatin Structure and Epigenetics — Xin Liu, Ph.D.
- Epigenetics and Stem Cell Biology — Laura Banaszynski, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms, Computational Genomics, Mouse Genetic Models, RNA Biology and Noncoding RNAs, Protein Structure, Translational/Clinical — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D.
- Structural Biology and Biochemistry of Gene Regulation — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D. & Yunsun Nam, Ph.D.
- Structural Biology and Biochemistry of Gene Regulation — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D. & Xin Liu, Ph.D.
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research
- Gut Clock, Neural Circuits, and Inter-Organ Network — Yuki Obata, Ph.D.
- Autophagy and Immune Response to Viruses — Tiffany Reese, Ph.D.
- Innate Immunity in Cancer Immunology and Neurodegenerative Disease — Nan Yan, Ph.D.
- Pathogen Genomics — Prithvi Raj, Ph.D.
- Arteriosclerosis and Vascular Remodeling — Dwight Towler, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Cancer Research — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bioinformatics, Genomics, and Personalized Medicine in Kidney Cancer — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Breast Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Sangeetha Reddy, M.D., M.S.C.I.
- Cancer Biology — Suzanne Conzen, M.D.
- Cancer Cachexia and Obesity — Rodney Infante, M.D., Ph.D.
- Exercise-induced Synaptic Plasticity — Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
- Gastroenterology and Immunology — Hans-Christian Reinecker, M.D.
- Hematopoiesis, Leukemia, and Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes — Stephen Chung, M.D.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Tumor Immunology — Hans-Christian Reinecker, M.D.
- Mucosal Immunology and Neuroimmunology — Michael Shiloh, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metastasis, Therapy Resistance, and Tumor Evolution in Pancreatic Cancer — Ravikanth Maddipati, M.D.
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development
- Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience — Chun-Li Zhang, Ph.D.
- Study of Cell Fate During Organogenesis — Ondine Cleaver, Ph.D.
- Glutamine Sensing and Cancer Biology — Jenna L. Jewell, Ph.D.
- Cell Fusion in Development and Regeneration — Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Pathogenesis — Kathryn A. O’Donnell, Ph.D.
- Neural Injury and Regeneration — Chun-Li Zhang, Ph.D.
- Cell Signaling Mechanism in Development and Regeneration — Jin Jiang, Ph.D.
- Mechanisms of Nociceptor Development and Maintenance — Helen Lai, Ph.D.
- Neuroimaging at UTSW — Nan Li, Ph.D.
- Transcriptional Mechanisms required for Nociceptor Development — Helen Lai, Ph.D.
- Transcriptional Control of Neural Development — Jane E. Johnson, Ph.D.
- Circadian Biology — Shin Yamazaki, Ph.D.
- Genetics of Allergic Disease — Jeff Sorelle, M.D.
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Genetics — Peter Ly, Ph.D.
- Minimal Residual Disease and Metastasis — Srinivas Malladi, Ph.D.
- Inflammation and Cancer Research — Hasan Zaki, Ph.D.
- DNA Damage, Oxidative Stress, Neurodegeneration and Cell Death — Yingfei Wang, Ph.D.
- Hypoxia, Metabolism and Epigenetics in Cancer — Weibo Luo, Ph.D.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Selenoproteins in Health and Disease
- Translational Cancer Immunology — Chengcheng (Alec) Zhang, Ph.D.
- Mechanism of Gene Regulation — Yi Liu, Ph.D.
- Cellular Mechanisms Maintaining Genome Stability — Guo-Min Li, Ph.D.
- Medical Imaging Physics and Engineering — Jie Deng, Ph.D.
- Medical Physics — Xuejun Gu, Ph.D. & Weiguo Lu, Ph.D.
- CEST-MRI — Elena Vinogradov, Ph.D.
- PET Physics Research — Spencer Bowen, Ph.D.
- Synthetic Chemistry for Molecular Imaging — Xiankai Sun, Ph.D.
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Translational Breast Cancer Research — Carlos L. Arteaga, M.D.
- Transcription, Chromatin, Epigenetics, HPV, Molecular Virology, Cancer Biology, and Small Compound Inhibitors — Cheng-Ming Chaing, Ph.D.
- Immunology and Cell Fate — Benjamin Levi, M.D.
- Study and Assess the Microenvironment — Emina Huang, M.D.
- Assessment of Surgical Proficiency — Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
- Translational Research on Complex Lymphatic Anomalies — Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Extremity Trauma and Cell Fate — Benjamin Levi, M.D.
- Cancer Bioinformatics Scientist — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Biology of Human Tumors — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
Questions about Postdoctoral Training Opportunities?
SGSPostdocOffice@utsouthwestern.edu the Postdoctoral Affairs Office for assistance.