Postdoctoral Training Opportunities
To explore available opportunities, you may:
View available positions posted by faculty below.
Contact faculty members directly regarding training positions in their laboratories.
Search our research expertise portal, Influuent, based on your research interests.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion
Advanced Imaging Research Center
- Cancer Immunotherapy and Biomedical Engineering — Kareem Azab, Ph.D.
- Drug Resistance Mechanism in Cancer — Kareem Azab, Ph.D.
- Non-and Minimally-invasive Diffuse Optical Tissue Monitoring — David Busch, Ph.D.
- Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry — Wen-Hong Li, Ph.D.
- Fluid-structure modeling for simulating embryonic development — Konstantin Doubrovinski, Ph.D.
Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Gene Therapies for Neurological Disorders — Rachel Bailey, Ph.D.
- Protein Aggregation and Membrane Remodeling in Neurodegenerative Diseases — Sarah Shahmoradian, Ph.D.
Center for the Genetics of Host Defense
- Lymphocyte Quiescence and Lymphomagenesis — Evan Nair-Gill, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metabolic Diseases — Zhao Zhang, Ph.D.
Children’s Research Institute
- Functional Genomics and Cancer Metabolism — Javier Garcia Bermudez, Ph.D.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Metabolism — Michalis Agathocleous, Ph.D.
- Metabolism in Normal and Cancer Cells — Javier Garcia Bermudez, Ph.D.
- Molecular Functions and Co-dependencies of Extrachromosomal DNA in Cancer — Sihan Wu, Ph.D.
- Nutrient Signaling & Metabolism — Gerta Hoxhaj, Ph.D.
Green Center for Reproductive Biology
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Studies on the Genomics of Gene Regulation — William Kraus, Ph.D.
- Epigenetics and Stem Cell Biology — Laura Banaszynski, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms, Computational Genomics, Mouse Genetic Models, RNA Biology and Noncoding RNAs, Protein Structure, Translational/Clinical — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D.
- Reproductive Genomics — Haiqi Chen, Ph.D.
- Reproductive Sciences and Genomics — Edward Grow, Ph.D.
- Signaling and Gene Regulation using Proteomics and Mass Spectroscopy — William Kraus, Ph.D.
- Structural Biology and Biochemistry of Gene Regulation — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D. & Xin Liu, Ph.D.
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Tuoqi Wu, Ph.D.
- Innate Immunology — Andrew Sandstrom, Ph.D.
- Understanding Neurogenic Defense in the Gut — Yuki Obata, Ph.D.
- Arteriosclerosis and Vascular Remodeling — Dwight Towler, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bioinformatics, Genomics, and Personalized Medicine in Kidney Cancer — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Breast Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Sangeetha Reddy, M.D., M.S.C.I.
- Cancer Biology — Suzanne Conzen, M.D.
- Cardiovascular Biology — Dian Cao, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cellular Metabolism — Courtney M. Karner, Ph.D.
- Circulating Biomarkers in Genitourinary Cancers — Tian Zhang, M.D.
- Cystic Fibrosis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis Research — Raksha Jain, M.D.
- Epithelial Biology and Kidney Regeneration — Denise Marciano, M.D. Ph.D.
- Exercise-induced Synaptic Plasticity — Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
- Hematopoiesis, Leukemia, and Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes — Stephen Chung, M.D.
- Human Genetics and Immunology — Xiao-Fei Kong, M.D., Ph.D.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Tumor Immunology — Hans-Christian Reinecker, M.D.
- Metabolic Homeostasis — Joel Elmquist, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Microbiology and the Microbiome of Intestinal Diseases — Josephine Ni, M.D.
- Molecular Immunology/Cancer Immunology/Cell Signaling — Venuprasad Poojary, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metastasis, Therapy Resistance, and Tumor Evolution in Pancreatic Cancer — Ravikanth Maddipati, M.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Cancer Research — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mucosal Immunology and Neuroimmunology — Michael Shiloh, M.D., Ph.D.
- Underlying Changes in Cellular/Synaptic Plasticity in Mice — Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development
- Cell Fusion in Development and Regeneration — Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- Cell Signaling Mechanism in Development and Regeneration — Jin Jiang, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Pathogenesis — Kathryn A. O’Donnell, Ph.D.
- Mechanisms of Myoblast Fusion in Zebrafish Muscle Development — Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- mRNA Translation and Ribosome Homeostasis — Michael Buszczak, Ph.D.
- Nutrient Sensing and Cancer Biology — Jenna L. Jewell, Ph.D.
- Neural Injury and Regeneration — Chun-Li Zhang, Ph.D.
- Stress Response Signaling — Peter Douglas, Ph.D.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mitochondrial and Metabolic Homeostasis in Corneal Health and Disease — Danielle Robertson, O.D., Ph.D.
- Ocular Chemical Biology — John Hulleman, Ph.D.
- Ocular Oncology Research — J. William Harbour, M.D.
- DNA Damage, Oxidative Stress, Neurodegeneration and Cell Death — Yingfei Wang, Ph.D.
- Genetics of Allergic Disease — Jeffrey SoRelle, M.D.
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Genetics — Peter Ly, Ph.D.
- Hypoxia, Metabolism and Epigenetics in Cancer — Weibo Luo, Ph.D.
- Inflammation and Cancer Research — Hasan Zaki, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Biology — Esra Akbay, Ph.D.
- Minimal Residual Disease and Metastasis — Srinivas Malladi, Ph.D.
- Molecular Genetics of Endometrial Cancer — Diego H. Castrillon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Endothelial Basis of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease — Philip Shaul, M.D., Chieko Mineo, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Childhood Cancer Biology — Kenneth Chen, M.D.
Peter O’Donnell Brain Institute
- Alpha Synuclein Aggregation and Spread — William Dauer, M.D.
- Cholinergic Interneuron Function in Motor Control and Disease — William Dauer, M.D.
- Myelin, Motor Learning and Disease — William Dauer, M.D. & Lu Sun, Ph.D.
- Epigenetic Regulation in Neural Development and Brain Cancer — Jiang Wu, Ph.D.
- Size-control Mechanisms in Development, Regeneration, and Cancer — Duojia Pan, Ph.D.
- Translational Cancer Immunology — Chengcheng (Alec) Zhang, Ph.D.
- Biomedical Optics and Medical Physics — Ken Kang-Hsin Wang, Ph.D., DABR
- Cellular Mechanisms Maintaining Genome Stability — Guo-Min Li, Ph.D.
- Chemical and Biomedical Engineering to Cancer Research — Andrew Wang, M.D.
- Medical Imaging Physics and Engineering — Jie Deng, Ph.D.
- Medical Physics — Xuejun Gu, Ph.D. & Weiguo Lu, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in the AIRT Lab — Jing Wang, Ph.D.
- Brain Tumor Non-Invasive Diagnostics — Joseph Maldjian, M.D.
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound — Rajiv Chopra, Ph.D.
- Image Analysis, Radiomics, and Machine Learning in Liver Cancer — Takeshi Yokoo, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kidney Cancer Radiomics & Machine Learning — Ivan Pedrosa, M.D., Ph.D.
- PET Physics Research — Spencer Bowen, Ph.D.
- Radiotracer Development for Nuclear Imaging and Radiotherapy — Guiyang Hao, Ph.D.
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Transcription, Chromatin, Epigenetics, HPV, Molecular Virology, Cancer Biology, and Small Compound Inhibitors — Cheng-Ming Chaing, Ph.D.
- Arterial Disease Management — Melissa L. Kirkwood, M.D.
- Biology of Human Tumors — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancer Bioinformatics Scientist — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancer-Causing Genetic Mutations — Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Cell Death and Immunity — Daolin Tang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Extremity Trauma and Cell Fate — Benjamin Levi, M.D.
- Fibroblast Biology — Huocong Huang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gastric Cancer Biology — Sam C. Wang, M.D., FACS
- Study and Assess the Microenvironment — Emina Huang, M.D.
- Translational Research on Complex Lymphatic Anomalies — Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Video Based Assessment Group — Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
Questions about Postdoctoral Training Opportunities?
SGSPostdocOffice@utsouthwestern.edu the Postdoctoral Affairs Office for assistance.