Postdoctoral Training Opportunities
To explore available opportunities, you may:
View available positions posted by faculty below.
Contact faculty members directly regarding training positions in their laboratories.
Search our research expertise portal, Influuent, based on your research interests.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s educational and working environment provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including sexual harassment), age, disability, citizenship, and veteran status. In addition, UT Southwestern policy prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Advanced Imaging Research Center
- Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry — Wen-Hong Li, Ph.D.
- Fluid-structure modeling for simulating embryonic development — Konstantin Doubrovinski, Ph.D.
Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Protein Aggregation and Membrane Remodeling in Neurodegenerative Diseases — Sarah Shahmoradian, Ph.D.
Center for the Genetics of Host Defense
Children’s Research Institute
- Functional Genomics and Cancer Metabolism — Javier Garcia Bermudez, Ph.D.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Metabolism — Michalis Agathocleous, Ph.D.
- Molecular Functions and Co-dependencies of Extrachromosomal DNA in Cancer —
- Nutrient Signaling & Metabolism — Gerta Hoxhaj, Ph.D.
Green Center for Reproductive Biology
- Epigenetics and Stem Cell Biology — Laura Banaszynski, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms, Computational Genomics, Mouse Genetic Models, RNA Biology and Noncoding RNAs, Protein Structure, Translational/Clinical — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D.
- Reproductive Genomics — Haiqi Chen, Ph.D.
- Reproductive Sciences and Genomics — Edward Grow, Ph.D.
- Structural Biology and Biochemistry of Gene Regulation — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D. & Xin Liu, Ph.D.
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Tuoqi Wu, Ph.D.
- Innate Immunology — Andrew Sandstrom, Ph.D.
- Understanding Neurogenic Defense in the Gut — Yuki Obata, Ph.D.
- Arteriosclerosis and Vascular Remodeling — Dwight Towler, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bioinformatics, Genomics, and Personalized Medicine in Kidney Cancer — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Breast Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Sangeetha Reddy, M.D., M.S.C.I.
- Cancer Biology — Suzanne Conzen, M.D.
- Cardiovascular Biology — Dian Cao, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cellular Metabolism — Courtney M. Karner, Ph.D.
- Cystic Fibrosis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis Research — Raksha Jain, M.D.
- Epithelial Biology and Kidney Regeneration — Denise Marciano, M.D. Ph.D.
- Exercise-induced Synaptic Plasticity — Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
- Hematopoiesis, Leukemia, and Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes — Stephen Chung, M.D.
- Hypothalamic Research — Teppei Fujikawa, Ph.D.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Tumor Immunology — Hans-Christian Reinecker, M.D.
- Mucosal Immunology and Neuroimmunology — Michael Shiloh, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metastasis, Therapy Resistance, and Tumor Evolution in Pancreatic Cancer — Ravikanth Maddipati, M.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Cancer Research — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Underlying Changes in Cellular/Synaptic Plasticity in Mice — Kevin Williams, Ph.D.
- Cell Fusion in Development and Regeneration — Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- Cell Signaling Mechanism in Development and Regeneration — Jin Jiang, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Pathogenesis — Kathryn A. O’Donnell, Ph.D.
- mRNA Translation and Ribosome Homeostasis — Michael Buszczak, Ph.D.
- Nutrient Sensing and Cancer Biology — Jenna L. Jewell, Ph.D.
- Neural Injury and Regeneration — Chun-Li Zhang, Ph.D.
- Stress Response Signaling — Peter Douglas, Ph.D.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mitochondrial and Metabolic Homeostasis in Corneal Health and Disease — Danielle Robertson, O.D., Ph.D.
- Ocular Chemical Biology — John Hulleman, Ph.D.
- Ocular Oncology Research — J. William Harbour, M.D.
- DNA Damage, Oxidative Stress, Neurodegeneration and Cell Death — Yingfei Wang, Ph.D.
- Genetics of Allergic Disease — Jeffrey SoRelle, M.D.
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Genetics — Peter Ly, Ph.D.
- Hypoxia, Metabolism and Epigenetics in Cancer — Weibo Luo, Ph.D.
- Inflammation and Cancer Research — Hasan Zaki, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Biology — Esra Akbay, Ph.D.
- Minimal Residual Disease and Metastasis — Srinivas Malladi, Ph.D.
- Molecular Genetics of Endometrial Cancer — Diego H. Castrillon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Endothelial Basis of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease — Philip Shaul, M.D., Chieko Mineo, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Childhood Cancer Biology — Kenneth Chen, M.D.
Peter O’Donnell Brain Institute
- Alpha Synuclein Aggregation and Spread — William Dauer, M.D.
- Cholinergic Interneuron Function in Motor Control and Disease — William Dauer, M.D.
- Myelin, Motor Learning and Disease — William Dauer, M.D. & Lu Sun, Ph.D.
- Epigenetic Regulation in Neural Development and Brain Cancer — Jiang Wu, Ph.D.
- Translational Cancer Immunology — Chengcheng (Alec) Zhang, Ph.D.
- Biomedical Optics and Medical Physics — Ken Kang-Hsin Wang, Ph.D., DABR
- Cellular Mechanisms Maintaining Genome Stability — Guo-Min Li, Ph.D.
- Medical Imaging Physics and Engineering — Jie Deng, Ph.D.
- Medical Physics — Xuejun Gu, Ph.D. & Weiguo Lu, Ph.D.
- Brain Tumor Non-Invasive Diagnostics — Joseph Maldjian, M.D.
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound — Rajiv Chopra, Ph.D.
- Image Analysis, Radiomics, and Machine Learning in Liver Cancer — Takeshi Yokoo, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kidney Cancer Radiomics & Machine Learning — Ivan Pedrosa, M.D., Ph.D.
- PET Physics Research — Spencer Bowen, Ph.D.
- Radiotracer Development for Nuclear Imaging and Radiotherapy — Guiyang Hao, Ph.D.
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Transcription, Chromatin, Epigenetics, HPV, Molecular Virology, Cancer Biology, and Small Compound Inhibitors — Cheng-Ming Chaing, Ph.D.
- Arterial Disease Management — Melissa L. Kirkwood, M.D.
- Biology of Human Tumors — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancer Bioinformatics Scientist — Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancer-Causing Genetic Mutations — Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Cell Death and Immunity — Daolin Tang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Extremity Trauma and Cell Fate — Benjamin Levi, M.D.
- Fibroblast Biology — Huocong Huang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gastric Cancer Biology — Sam C. Wang, M.D., FACS
- Study and Assess the Microenvironment — Emina Huang, M.D.
- Translational Research on Complex Lymphatic Anomalies — Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Video Based Assessment Group — Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
Questions about Postdoctoral Training Opportunities?
SGSPostdocOffice@utsouthwestern.edu the Postdoctoral Affairs Office for assistance.