Postdoctoral Association (PDA)
- Develop a sense of community through scientific and social interaction.
- Promote effective training and career development for postdocs.
- Represent and address issues relevant to postdoctoral researchers.
- Ease the transition for new postdocs, particularly international postdoctoral researchers.
The Postdoctoral Association (PDA) at UT Southwestern is composed of several committees and an executive board that includes a President, Vice Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and floating members.
Postdoctoral Association Committees
Career Development Committee (CDC)
This committee promotes training of postdocs beyond the bench by organizing informative seminars, panel discussions, and workshops. This committee partners with the Graduate Career Development Office and the grad student-led Quest for Careers Committee.
- Organizes multiple events throughout the year to promote the visibility of scientists in the local community
- Allows postdoctoral scholars to gain teaching experience through interaction with local schools, science fairs, and science workshops
- Fosters social interaction among postdocs and provides opportunities to meet new people through activities such as mixers, ice cream socials, and coffee breaks
- Hosts Postdoc WIPs to build the scientific community of postdocs
- Eases the transition of international postdocs by providing information and resources in collaboration with the International Office and the Postdoctoral Affairs Office
- Distributes a digital newsletter
- Publishes articles of interest to the postdoc community, such as in career development and scientific research
- Provides news from the Postdoctoral Affairs Office and PDA committees, seminar updates, and information regarding events at UTSW and beyond
- Supports the social media accounts of the Postdoctoral Association on Twitter (@UTSWPDA) and other platforms
Questions about the Postdoctoral Association?
email@example.com the President of the Postdoctoral Association for additional information.