Flu vaccine offered early on campus with convenient drive-thru access
With flu season nearing as COVID-19 cases continue, now is more important than ever to exercise self-defense by getting vaccinated and protecting you and all those around you. Generally flu season begins in October and can last as late as May.
UT Southwestern is committed to the safety of our patients, employees, students, and community. For this reason, UTSW offers flu shots to all employees at no cost, even if you do not have medical coverage through UTSW. All employees are encouraged to receive an annual flu shot. Information regarding flu shots for students will be communicated at a later date.
For employees covered by UT SELECT or UT CONNECT medical plans, your insurance covers the cost of a flu shot at any in-network location.
Flu shots available by appointment only
To promote social distancing and the safety of all employees, an appointment is required to receive a flu shot, and the 2020 flu campaign will begin with limited distribution Monday, Sept. 14, and is expected to be fully operational Oct. 1-31. Please check the schedule for vaccine distribution locations and times, and complete the ReadySet Seasonal Flu Survey.
Sept. 14-30 vaccination sites
- Bass Administrative Center drive-thru from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Sunday
- Occupational Health Clinic in Professional Office Building (POB) 1, Suite 217, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Flu shots will also be available at the four UTSW retail pharmacies (requires VPN access) below. Please call the pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
- Clements University Hospital
- Moncrief Medical Center
- UTSW Frisco
We currently do not have high-dose flu vaccines (Fluzone HD) for individuals 65 years old and older, but anticipate a shipment soon. Look for additional communications once that happens.
If you are pregnant, immunocompromised, or part of another high-risk group, please contact your primary care physician and determine if it is okay to receive a flu shot.
UT Southwestern policy – HSO-203: Influenza Vaccination – requires all faculty, staff, housestaff, and students working or training in the University Hospital and Clinics to receive an influenza vaccination or to provide written notice to Occupational Health that they decline to be vaccinated for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Individuals who fail to comply with this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
Managers and supervisors who have direct reports may verify employee compliance by logging in to their own ReadySet account.
Steps for getting your vaccine
- Participate in the annual Flu Vaccination Program by getting vaccinated at a UTSW flu shot kiosk by Oct. 31. You must first complete the Seasonal Flu Survey in ReadySet.
- Log in to ReadySet or create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Choose Health Surveys on the left side of the screen and then click the Seasonal Flu Survey.
- Check the 2020 Flu Vaccination Event Calendar for details on flu kiosk dates, times, and locations.
- Upload your flu documentation to ReadySet. Even if your flu vaccination was given by your UTSW provider, you will still need to provide documentation. Occupational Health is not authorized to access your personal medical record to obtain proof of your vaccination.
- To avoid duplicating records, do not fax or email flu vaccination proof to Occupational Health once you have uploaded it in ReadySet.
- Sign in to ReadySet or create a new account if needed.
- Complete the declination portions of the Seasonal Flu Survey.
Employees can share their flu shot information with their UTSW provider by following the instructions in the MyChart Tip Sheet. For additional information and updates about the Flu Vaccination Program, please visit the Occupational Health page or send a friend request to the Occupational Health Facebook page.