Surgery Research Administration
The Surgery Research Administration Office is committed to facilitating high-quality bench and clinical research within the Department of Surgery and UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our mission is to provide assistance to faculty and trainees in all areas of the research process including identification of funding opportunities, grant preparation, pre- and post-award budgeting, and the identification of suitable mentors or collaborators. Our office strives to coordinate research initiatives for faculty while ensuring research compliance, providing research related sources, and encouraging growth in biomedical research in the Department of Surgery.
- Budget and justification assistance and review
- Troubleshooting on pre- and post-award issues
- Liaison between department administrators, department business office, central campus departments, and the Office of Grants Management
- Contract and grant policy interpretation
- Training of department administrators in budgeting and grants management
- Library of materials relating to research grant submission and fund management
- Temporary fund management and supply ordering
- PI training and grant preparation
- Compliance review
- Eva Baylon, Ph.D.
- Rolf Brekken, Ph.D.
- Deborah Carlson, Ph.D.
- Dai Chung, M.D.
- Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
- Rui Kang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Benjamin Levi, M.D.
- Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Babak Namazi, Ph.D.
- Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
- Xinxin Song, M.D., Ph.D.
- Daolin Tang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Sam Wang, M.D.
- Zhuan Zhou, Ph.D.