Why UT Southwestern?
The Department of Radiology offers post-residency training in a multitude of fellowship areas, including programs accredited by both the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Texas Medical Board (TMB).
Fellowship requirements include:
- Completing an accredited residency program in Diagnostic Radiology
- Being board-certified or board-eligible in Diagnostic Radiology
- Being eligible for Texas medical licensure
Clinical service and call duties are outlined on the individual fellowship information pages.
Fellowship application requirements include completion of the Department application form. Refer to the fellowship(s) of your choice for further requirements.
In addition, applicants must send:
- Three letters of recommendation (one letter must be from current Program Director)
- Original medical school transcript
All application materials should be mailed to the Radiology Education Office.
International Medical Graduates
International medical graduate applications should be submitted through the Dean's office at the applicant’s medical school or through Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
It is important to note that UT Southwestern's Department of Radiology only accepts permanent residents or J-1 ECFMG certified visas. We do not routinely offer H1-B visas or any other type of visa. For the UT Southwestern clinical visa policy, please visit UT Southwestern Clinical Training Visas.