The VitalSign6 Providers’ Manual assists the primary care provider in the accurate identification of depression and the implementation of measurement-based care. It is intended to be used in combination with the VS6 application. It contains guidelines for both the diagnosis and treatment of depression that utilize the results of the screening and measurement tools included in the VS6 application to inform the clinical decision-making process.
The manual also provides instruction on safety risk assessment and reference materials pertaining to patient education, medication information (optimal dosing, titration schedule, potential side effects, monitoring parameters, and additional indications), primary care-based brief psychosocial and behavioral interventions, and community resources.
The VitalSign6 Providers’ Manual is designed for primary care providers. However, elements of the manual can be used by other health care professionals involved in the clinical management of patients with symptoms of depression.
- English and Spanish
- Interpreting Results
- Call to Action for Positive Screen
- Videos (CME)
- Monthly Newsletters
- Provider Rounds with Consulting Clinicians
Patient Education Materials
- Behavioral Activation Worksheet [English] (PDF)
- Behavioral Activation Worksheet [en Español] (PDF)
- Cognitive Model (PDF)
- Depression Self-Care Action Plan (PDF)
- Diaphragmatic Breathing (PDF)
- Pleasant Activities List (PDF)
- Scheduling Activities [English] (PDF)
- Scheduling Activities [en Español] (PDF)
- Sleep Hygiene (PDF)
- Stress Coping Inventory (PDF)
- Other Patient Education Materials (PDF)