The Department of Psychiatry offers fellowships in five areas. For more information, visit the fellowship pages:
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship
Apply to the Clinical Fellowship Programs
Fellowship candidates must have satisfactorily completed an ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency prior to entering a program.
Eligibility for Texas medical licensure is a prerequisite for all candidates.
Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship Application: The Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Common Application is used.
Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship: Include a de-identified clinical or forensic writing sample, plus below items.
Fellowship application packets include:
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcript (sent directly to UT Southwestern)
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of residency training program diploma
- Copies of USMLE Step I, II, III score reports
- ECFMG certificate
- Visa status
- Three letters of recommendation
- For the Forensic Psychiatry fellowship, include a de-identified clinical or forensic writing sample.
All items in the application packet should be sent to:
Department of Psychiatry
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75390-9070