Business Resource Groups
UT Southwestern’s six Business Resource Groups (BRGs) offer their members a positive and inclusive environment and opportunities for facilitating personal growth, institutional advancement, health, and wellness.
Humans are hardwired to belong. When individuals don’t feel a sense of belonging, it can directly affect their ability to advance UT Southwestern’s mission. To foster a culture of belonging, the Division of Diversity and Inclusion oversees UT Southwestern’s BRGs.
Participation in BRGs is open to anyone. You do not need to identify with a group’s affinity to join it. Please visit the individual BRG page to join their membership listserv.
What to Expect from Your Membership
Membership in a BRG can provide you with:
- Opportunities to network, establish meaningful connections, and foster community
- Access to career growth and professional development initiatives, including mentorship
- Engagement with peers and senior leaders from a variety of departments and units across campus
- Voluntary participation in community service, outreach projects, and events
- Opportunities to be part of high-visibility efforts that bring about institutional change
- A chance to serve in a leadership capacity, either spearheading a subcommittee or as a future BRG chair or co-chair
- A chance to have fun and expand your learning opportunities
The Business Resource Group Mentorship Program was launched in January 2019 and is open to all members of our BRGs. This 12-month program, running from January to December each year, offers a partnership between colleagues to promote personal and professional development.
The application window for the mentorship program opens in November-December each year. Each BRG has a dedicated Mentorship Program Lead who supports the program and helps coordinate its components in partnership with the Division of Diversity and Inclusion.
Leadership Circles operates as a function of UT Southwestern’s Business Resource Group Mentorship Program and is offered to all participants of the mentorship program for the current year and its alumni. Leadership Circles are monthly fireside-chat discussions with members of UTSW’s leadership, which offer professional development insights and leadership best practices to both mentors and mentees in the program.
Are you interested in starting a BRG?
If you would like to start a Business Resource Group that you do not see listed above, please DiversityInclusion@utsouthwestern.edu the Division of Diversity and Inclusion for more information.