The Proteomics Core provides UT Southwestern and external researchers with access to state-of-the-art mass-spectrometry (MS) proteomics facilities. MS proteomics is fast becoming an essential analytical tool for biological scientists. Modern instrumentation and data analysis software can identify and quantify hundreds or thousands of proteins from complex biological mixtures such as cell lysates or body fluids.
The core provides a range of services, including:
- Intact molecular weight measurement by ESI-QTOF
- Protein identification from gel bands
- Protein identification from complex mixtures
- Identification of post-translational modifications
- SILAC, TMT, and label-free quantification of peptides and proteins
We are continually developing new methods and implementing new software to improve results and expand our services. Our instrument platforms include cutting-edge Orbitrap Fusion Lumos mass spectrometers, coupled to ultra-high performance LC systems.
See full details of our services at the core's main website.