The cost for Sanger Sequencing is $7 per sample. Results are normally emailed in one business day, if submitted before 2 p.m.
Requirements for Sanger Sequencing
- Orders should be submitted through our online ordering website.
- You will need a valid OAS account number and requisition number.
- Premix your template and primer for a total volume of 12 µl.
|1.5 µg||50 ng||6 pmole (0.5 µM) in 6µl|
- Please indicate if you wish us to add one of the standard primers (see below) or we will assume you have already premixed your sample. If no primer is added, submit your template in a total volume of 6 µl.
- Optimal results are obtained when the purified templates and primers are diluted in dH2O, avoid TE buffer (EDTA).
- PCR products need to be purified.
- DNA concentrations are best quantified by flourometry. We recommend the Qubit. For quality, we recommend the NanoDrop Spectrophotometer.
We provide the following standard primers:
T3 5’-ATT AAC CCT CAC TAA AG-3’
T7 5’-TAA TAC GAC TCA CTA TAG GG-3’
M13-21 5’-TGT AAA ACG ACG GCC AGT-3’
M13-REV 5’-CAG GAA ACA GCT ATG ACC-3’
SP6 5’-ATT TAG GTG ACA CTA TAG-3’