Urology Residency Resources
The resident educational program is structured around a core curriculum, repeated every two years.
Weekly teaching conferences are attended by all residents and include:
- Resident Core Conference
- Grand Rounds
- Pre-op Conferences
In addition, Pediatric Conferences are held weekly, while the Journal Club and Morbidity and Mortality Conference (with Root Cause Analysis Assessment) are held monthly.
The Department of Urology also hosts a two-day visiting professorship by an internationally renowned urologist (Harry M. Spence Visiting Professor), typically held in the spring.
The Paul C. Peters Symposium, a three-day conference held in January, involves all faculty members and three to four visiting faculty. Residents participate in all aspects of these annual meetings.
Weekly Conference Schedule
- Pre-op Conference: Mondays, 5:30 p.m., Room WCB9.808
- Urology Journal Club: first Monday, 6:30 p.m., Room JA5.110
- Core Conference: second, third, fourth, and fifth Mondays, 6:30 p.m.
* Conference for residents on Children’s Medical Center rotation:
- Grand Rounds: Every Wednesday, 6:45 a.m., Room WCB9.808
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference: Second Wednesday, 6:45 a.m., Room WCB9.808
- Pediatric Conference: Every Wednesday, 7 a.m., Duckett Library. Includes,
- Pre-Op Radiology
- Morbidity and Mortality
- Intersex Conference
For more information regarding conferences, call Tisha Franklin at 214-648-4703.
Interactions with Faculty
Faculty members are sincerely concerned about the educational environment and work together to ensure an optimal experience for each resident.
Interactions with the faculty occur in all areas of the program: the operating room, clinics, inpatient wards, and conferences.
The faculty members provide subspecialty expertise in the areas of:
Female pelvic medicine
Urethral stricture disease