Urology Residency Resources
Weekly teaching conferences are attended by all residents and include:
- Resident Core Conference
- Grand Rounds
- Pre-op Conference
In addition, Pediatric Conferences are held weekly, while Journal Club and Morbidity and Mortality Conference are held monthly.
The Department of Urology also hosts a two-day visiting professorship by an internationally renowned urologist (Harry M. Spence Visiting Professor), typically held in the spring.
The Paul C. Peters Symposium, a three-day conference held in January, involves all faculty members and three to four visiting faculty. Residents participate in all aspects of these annual meetings.
Weekly Conference Schedule
- Pre-op Conference: Mondays, 5:30 p.m.
- Urology Journal Club: first Monday, 6:30 p.m.
- Core Conference: second, third, fourth, and fifth Mondays, 6:30 p.m.
- Grand Rounds: Every Wednesday, 6:45 a.m.
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference: Second Wednesday, 6:45 a.m.
- Pediatric Conference (CMC team only): Every Wednesday, 7 a.m. Includes:
- Pre-Op Radiology
- Morbidity and Mortality
For more information regarding conferences, call Tisha Franklin at 214-648-4703.
Interactions with Faculty
Faculty members are sincerely concerned about the educational environment and work together to ensure an optimal experience for each resident.
Interactions with the faculty occur in all areas of the program: the operating room, clinics, inpatient wards, and conferences.
The faculty members provide subspecialty expertise in the areas of:
- Pediatric urology
- Prostate disease
- Stone disease
- Female pelvic medicine
- Urethral stricture disease
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Prosthetic Urology