How to Apply for Residency
The Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency Program is a categorical program that will expand to five trainees per PGY level by 2028. We are currently recruiting 5 PGY1 positions for the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
Interviews will be held in-person beginning early January 2024. Further details will be sent via ERAS to select candidates.
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), approved by the Association of Academic Departments of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Applicants must register with NRMP and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application and Interview
This program will follow the Recruitment Season Recommendations as stated by the Otolaryngology Program Directors Organization.
- Interviews are granted after receipt and careful evaluation of application materials by the Resident Selection Committee.
- Applications are reviewed in the fall, and selections are made in early November. Communication to candidates is made via ERAS.
- Interviews are held on four separate days in January, between the hours of 7a-12p. There are two socials hosted by our residents in between interview days.
Requirements for Application
- Common application form
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- MSPE/Dean's letter
- Letters of recommendation (maximum of 4)
- Photograph – not optional
- USMLE transcript – not optional
- COMLEX transcript – for D.O. graduates
- ECFMG status report – foreign graduates only