The Division of General Internal Medicine provides a broad array of patient care services for both outpatients and inpatients at a variety of locations.
- To provide high quality, comprehensive, personalized, and humanistic medical care with integrity and compassion guided by the best evidence.
- As general internists, we specialize in all of you.
Outpatient General Internal Medicine and Primary Care
- Preventative medicine and wellness care
- Chronic disease management
- Care of the medically complex patient
- Pre-operative assessment
The Palliative and Supportive Care team at UT Southwestern provides specialized care for patients and families living with serious and terminal illness. We have consulting services for inpatients at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion—William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, and Parkland Memorial Hospital. In addition, we have palliative care clinics at the Harold C.Simmons Cancer Center (Palliative Care Clinic) and Parkland Health and Hospital System.
Our goal is to help our patients live with the best quality of life possible by providing symptom management and psychosocial support.
We will provide holistic care for seriously ill patients and their families with compassion, respect, empathy, integrity, and clinical excellence, advocating for each patient as a unique individual, and remembering always the healing power of acts of caring.