General Internal Medicine
The William T. and Gay F. Solomon Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) is engaged in a broad range of clinical, educational, research, quality and safety, and administrative programs in the UT Southwestern medical school, UT Southwestern Health System, and our affiliated Parkland and Dallas VA health systems. We are committed to the following:
We are the foundation of healthcare striving to improve health and well-being through excellence in patient care, education and research
- Patient care: To provide high quality, comprehensive, personalized, and humanistic medical care with integrity and compassion guided by best evidence. As general internists, we specialize in all of you.
- Education: To educate and inspire the next generation of physicians who will prevent disease when possible, manage chronic conditions when necessary, and support patients and families always wherever their journeys may lead by prioritizing a culture of collaborative, evidence-based practice and role modeling emotional well-being
- Research: To discover & disseminate evidence-based approaches to enable personalized, high-value care to improve the health of both individuals and the community
- We embrace the values of excellence, integrity, accountability, teamwork, respect, compassion, service, professionalism, innovation, social justice, and work-life harmony
- We aspire to achieve the “Quadruple Aim” in healthcare: better clinical outcomes, improved patient experience, more affordable care, and better provider job satisfaction