UT Southwestern selected top health care employer in Texas by Forbes
DALLAS – Sept. 3, 2021 – UT Southwestern Medical Center was recognized as the top health care employer in Texas, one of the top 10 employers across all industries in the state, and among the nation’s Best-in-State employers nationally by Forbes/Statista.
Recommendations from employees as well as indirect recommendations from other workers within the same industries are considered along with survey results that consider work conditions, salary, potential for growth, and diversity among selection factors. The Best-In-State Employers 2021 is created through a survey of 80,000 U.S. employees across 25 industry sectors that take into account employment opportunities at the local and national level. This is the second year UT Southwestern has been recognized.
UT Southwestern’s William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital is nationally ranked among the top 25 hospitals in eight specialties by U.S. News & World Report and ranked the No. 1 Best Hospital in the Dallas-Fort Worth/North Texas region. The region is the fourth-largest metro area in the U.S. behind New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, the most populous metro area in both Texas and the Southern United States, and the 10th-largest in the Americas.
Earlier this year, UT Southwestern placed among the top 40 institutions Forbes honored as Best Employers for Women 2021 and was ranked No. 3 in the nation on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Employers For New Graduates, placing it in the top 1 percent and highest among academic medical centers. UT Southwestern.
Other recent workplace honors for UT Southwestern include:
Search for UTSW jobs here.
- Best Places to Work Postdocs fromThe Scientist
- Hospital Careers’ Top 100 Best Hospitals to Work For
- Top Veteran-Friendly Company from S. Veterans Magazine
- Top Healthcare Company in Best of the Best Awards for Hispanic Network Magazine and Black EOE Journal
- 2020 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education
- Top LGBTQ+ Company from three publications, Professional Woman's Magazine, Black EOE Journal, and Hispanic Network Magazine
- Top Mother-Friendly Worksite from theTexas Department of State Health Services
- Lex Frieden Employment Award, from theTexas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities
- Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Start! Fit-Friendly Worksite Award from the American Heart Association
- Employer of the Year from the Association for Independent Living
- Top 10 Best Organizations for Leadership Development Award, from theNational Center for Healthcare Leadership
- Corporate Citizen Award, fromLaunchAbility
UT Southwestern is committed to offering opportunity as well as innovative support that allows employees across our enterprise to perform at their best and grow their careers. Among its employment highlights, UT Southwestern has established online and in-person training and mentoring programs for future management and leadership roles; technical skills training to adapt and master new software and technologies; and resources for employee wellness, managing stress and finances, and sharing common interests.
UT Southwestern partners with diverse professional organizations within the community, including the National Association of Black Accountants, National Black MBA Association Inc., National Society of Hispanic MBAs, and the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA), to assure that members are aware of the numerous employment opportunities that exist here. Career development is supported by initiatives such as the President’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion, Business Resource Groups, the Women in Science and Medicine Advisory Committee; the Committee on the Advancement of Women; the Office of Faculty Diversity and Development; and the Office of Women’s Careers.
UT Southwestern is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex, including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status.
About UT Southwestern Medical Center
UT Southwestern, one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers, integrates pioneering biomedical research with exceptional clinical care and education. The institution’s faculty has received six Nobel Prizes, and includes 25 members of the National Academy of Sciences, 16 members of the National Academy of Medicine, and 13 Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators. The full-time faculty of more than 2,800 is responsible for groundbreaking medical advances and is committed to translating science-driven research quickly to new clinical treatments. UT Southwestern physicians provide care in about 80 specialties to more than 117,000 hospitalized patients, more than 360,000 emergency room cases, and oversee nearly 3 million outpatient visits a year.