The Department of Plastic Surgery is seeking qualified medical students and fellows interested in experiencing clinical research within our department over the course of a year. All aspects of plastic surgery are being investigated including outcomes in breast reconstruction, migraine headaches, hand surgery, noninvasive assessment of facial aging, wound healing, pediatric craniofacial surgery, Peripheral nerve surgery, facial reanimation and aesthetic surgery.
1 year research opportunity
There will be 3-5 funded research positions per year in the UT Southwestern Department of Plastic Surgery.
Application process and timeline
- Application and instructions can be found here.
- Applications will close December 1 for positions that start the following July/August
- Applications and a CV should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Interviews with faculty via phone, skype or in person (if local) will be scheduled for January-February.
- Positions will be offered by March 1st.
- Those applicants accepted to the positions will begin the research year in July/August.