The Department of Physiology is dedicated to supporting and advancing UT Southwestern Medical Center’s tripartite mission of education, research, and patient care. We fulfill that mission by offering:
- A commitment to excellence
- Outstanding research facilities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
The department includes approximately 120 faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and staff.
Our department is now headed by Duojia Pan, Ph.D., Our offices, research facilities, and laboratory space are located on UT Southwestern’s modern North Campus, offering an up-to-date environment to perform important leading-edge research.
Complementing the physical environment is a supportive and encouraging professional environment. Faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and staff are given opportunities to develop their full potential by effective mentoring and professional development programs.
- Find out about our faculty’s commitment to education and training in the field of biomedical sciences and clinical medicine.
- Learn more about the Department of Physiology’s leading-edge research.
- Explore the department’s lab facilities.