Women’s Imaging Fellowship
This one-year Women’s Imaging fellowship is offered to one individual annually. Training is based at Parkland Health & Hospital System and UT Southwestern.
Parkland Health & Hospital System delivers more than 12,000 babies per year, and UT Southwestern Medical Center has the largest Obstetrics/Gynecology Residency Program in the United States, resulting in an extensive exposure to imaging of women’s health issues.
Fellows are exposed to a wide range of imaging modalities with emphasis on obstetric, gynecologic, and breast imaging. Procedures performed include:
- Obstetrical and gynecologic ultrasound
- Fetal MR Imaging
- Sonohysterograms, SISES, and exposure to FemVue
- Interventional biopsies and drainages with ultrasound and CT guidance
- Breast MR Imaging
- Positron emission mammography (PEM) and tomosynthesis
- Breast biopsies using ultrasound, stereotactic, mammotone, and MR-guidance techniques
The fellowship is structured so that:
- One to two days per week are spent in Breast Imaging.
- Two to three days per week are spent in Obstetrical and Gynecological Ultrasound and MR.
- Electives can be requested for additional exposure to procedures in Abdominal Imaging and Body MRI with advanced approval
The fellow is responsible for planning, monitoring, and interpreting examinations. Responsibilities also include assisting in resident education and training.
Radiology resident teaching conferences are held daily throughout the year and include both didactic lectures and case-based presentations. Fellows are expected to attend and participate in the pertinent conferences. Fellows also take a leadership role in Gynecology Oncology weekly tumor board and interdisciplinary Breast Tumor Board.
Radiology Grand Rounds are held monthly with prestigious visiting and local professors, offering the opportunity to meet and learn from leading national authorities on a wide variety of topics.
Informative multidisciplinary clinical conferences in combination with medicine, surgery, pathology, and the various clinical subspecialties are available.
Intellectual vibrancy and technological innovation are core values of the Department. Time will be reserved for pursuit of academic and research projects, which are plentiful.
Please refer to the Fellowship Director or Program Coordinator for details on any call responsibilities.
International Medical Graduates
For questions regarding International Medical Graduates, please visit our fellowships page.