Medical Student Opportunities
The Department of Radiology offers medical students three opportunities for learning about radiology:
- Diagnostic Radiology (RAD 1501)
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology (RAD 1505)
- Neuroradiology (RAD 1507)
The Diagnostic Radiology residency program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), is among the largest programs in the nation, with 53 resident positions spanning four years. In addition, there are four dedicated ACGME-accredited Nuclear Medicine residency positions, and 15 dedicated ACGME-accredited Interventional Radiology – Integrated Residency positions. Also, a clinician-scientist track has three dedicated positions.
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency
- Nuclear Medicine Residency
- Interventional Radiology – Integrated Residency
- Diagnostic Clinician-Scientist Track
Post-residency training is offered in a multitude of fellowship opportunities, including programs that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Texas Medical Board (TMB).