Free Clinic Sites

Volunteering at the Free Clinics

• Medical Students: Medical students at UT Southwestern have the opportunity to volunteer at all our clinic sites from day one. We pair students in their pre-clerkship phase with more advanced clerkship students, ensuring that we practice effective peer-to-peer learning. As a medical student volunteer in our SRFCs, you’ll have the chance to conduct a history, perform appropriate physical exams, and write a note for your patient. You’ll get feedback, suggestions, and critical insight from your peers and attending physician.
  • Health Professions Students: The SRFCs at UT Southwestern are actively working to expand interprofessional collaboration and education, and we encourage all health profession students to join for clinics appropriate to their field of study! If you have an idea or question about the role of your health profession in the SRFCs, please contact the current interprofessional education and practice advisor (Benjamin.Popokh@UTSouthwestern.edu).
  • Undergraduate/Pre-Med Students: We invite aspiring medical students to reach out and join us, when possible, at the SRFCs. Please see our list of clinics on the left page menu, and reach out to the respective clinic manager to learn more about dates, times, and locations. Roles for undergraduates include (though they may differ per clinic): front desk, intake, vitals, rooming, and translation services.
“I was motivated primarily by a desire to gain new medical skills in caring for and treating patients. Because of the heavy course load in medical school, I wanted to find a way to remind myself of why I was here. Serving at The Monday Clinic helped me stay motivated during the hard months of study. ”
Ben Jacob, Chief Manager and Campus Operations Manager, The Monday Clinic Volunteer 2018-2019