- Uttam Tambar, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and member of the Biological Chemistry graduate program, earned a Sloan Research Fellowship.
- Graduate students Ruei-Jiun Hung and Robert Orchard received 2013 Harold M. Weintraub Awards from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center.
- Postdoctoral researcher Georgia Konstantinidou, Ph.D., working in the laboratory of Pier Paolo Scaglioni, M.D., member of the Cancer Biology program, identified specific downstream factors involved in formation of KRAS-mutant tumors in mouse models of non-small cell lung cancer. The team's findings were published in the April edition of Cancer Discovery.
- UT Southwestern faculty members direct University of Texas at Dallas Green Fellows in individual research projects.Twelve undergraduates participated in the sixteen-week Green Fellowship program.
- The Frank and Sara McKnight Undergraduate Prizes in Molecular Sciences will be awarded this fall in biological chemistry, chemistry, and biophysics or computational biology. Application deadline is October 1, 2013.
Become a Leader in Biomedical Research and Education
UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences provides students with unprecedented opportunities to interact with internationally recognized faculty members, use state-of-the-art equipment in advanced labs and participate in the discovery and transmission of knowledge to solve complex health challenges. Learn More
The goal of the Graduate School is to provide students a foundation for successful careers as leaders in biomedical research and education. Alumni can be found at top research institutions throughout the world.
Graduate School Strengths:
The University of Texas Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is ranked in the top 20 programs in the nation for biological research in 2011, the most recent year evaluated by U.S. News & World Report. The following programs are ranked among the top in the nation:
- 9th Immunology
- 10th Genetics & Development / Cancer Biology
- 11th Biological Chemistry / Molecular Biophysics
UT Southwestern is ranked in the top 25 institutions by The Scientist's 2013 Best Places to Work Postdocs survey due to our recognition of postdoctoral researchers as valued members of our scientific community.