Employee Assistance Program
As part of an employee benefits package, your employer can offer an EAP provided by the UT Southwestern EAP. This program is designed to assist employees who may be dealing with personal problems that affect their relationships at home and at work. Your employer recognizes that employees and their families sometimes need to address problems in a confidential, professional manner.
Who is covered by the UTSW EAP?
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Arena Operating Company (American Airlines Center)
- Children's Medical Center Dallas
- Humphrey and Associates, Inc.
- Olmsted-Kirk Paper Company
- UT Dallas
What is your EAP coverage?
The EAP makes available a limited number of counseling sessions. This special benefit may be used by you and eligible members of your family.
No fees, unless referred outside the EAP
Daytime and evening appointments
Professional staff (Master's and above)
- Private and confidential. The purpose of the EAP is to provide assistance in a safe and private atmosphere. The EAP is committed to maintaining the program's strict confidentiality. When you seek help, the EAP counselor will not contact anyone at your employment without your written permission, and then only in accordance with applicable state and federal laws that govern both the employer and employee. Details about why you are seeing a counselor or what you are discussing will not be revealed without your written permission.
Use of the EAP will not jeopardize your job or chance for promotion. Call us for a free consultation with a licensed professional.
What services are provided?
- 24 hour, 7 days a week access
- Central intake 800 number
- Coordination of benefits
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (CISD)
- EAP orientations
- Educational seminars
- Flexible session models (determined by each contract)
- Multiple locations
- Referrals to community resources
- Self-renewing contracts
- Statewide affiliate providers
- Supervisory trainings and consultations
- Utilization reports