Welcome to UT Southwestern Medical School
At UT Southwestern Medical School, we offer a world-class medical education, renowned faculty, outstanding facilities, and a world-wide reputation for producing physicians and medical professionals who are:
- Superbly trained
- Inspired to maintain lifelong medical scholarship
- Deeply committed to responsible and compassionate patient care
What We Do
"Before I began medical school, there was no doubt in my mind that UT Southwestern was one of the best medical schools in the country. I knew the education I would receive, the physicians I would meet, and the degree I would graduate with would open many doors for me."
– Caroline Carter, M.D.
Class of 2011
We produce graduates who are problem-solvers, not merely receptacles of knowledge. Students are engaged in a curriculum that offers strong basic-science preparation and extensive, meaningful clinical experiences. The educational mission is complemented by a broad research agenda that keeps UT Southwestern at the forefront of biomedical research.
At UT Southwestern, medical knowledge is more than an academic exercise. It’s real-world experience. Faculty, residents, and students annually provide direct care to nearly 91,000 hospitalized patients and oversee approximately 2 million outpatient visits.
Medical School Facts
UT Southwestern Rankings
- Top 25% in both Research and Primary Care (U.S. News & World Report)
- One of only 23 medical schools in the country in Top 25% in both categories
Other Medical School Facts
- More than 1,500 Clinical Residents
- Approximately 900 Medical Students spread across 4 years
- 2,278 full-time; 266 part-time
- 6 Nobel Prize winners
- 19 Members of the Institute of Medicine
- 21 Members of the National Academy of Sciences
- 11 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators
- 4 clinical training hospitals in the Southwestern Medical District
- More than 1,800 beds
- Parkland named one of America’s best by U.S. News & World Report for 18 consecutive years
Campus Directory: 214-648-3111
Dean's Office: 214-648-2509
Dean's Office Fax: 214-648-8955
Alumni Affairs: 214-648-4539
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75390-8876