The Office of Legal Affairs supports UT Southwestern Medical Center to achieve its goals in a manner consistent with the law and University policy.
Services furnished by UT Southwestern’s Office of Legal Affairs include, but are not limited to:
- Providing legal advice, counsel, and training to faculty and staff
- Assisting in the development of UT Southwestern policy and procedures
- Reviewing contracts and other legal documents
- Providing legal advice regarding patient care, compliance, and medical staff matters
- Providing advice on proposed collaborations with external entities
- Helping to resolve disputes, claims, and litigation
- Securing and coordinating the services of outside legal counsel when necessary
Communications between the Office of Legal Affairs and its clients are generally subject to the attorney-client privilege of confidentiality. Office personnel cannot provide legal advice to employees, faculty, or students on personal legal matters.