The UT Southwestern Medical Center Office of Admissions, a team within Student and Alumni Affairs, is delighted that you are considering one of our academic programs. This page provides general information about the admissions process with program-specific information available under each program link.
- Please see the Graduate School's admissions pages for specific instructions on how to apply to programs offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Applications must be made through the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS). Admission to UT Southwestern Medical School is determined by an Admission Committee appointed by the Dean of the Medical School, comprising faculty members from both basic science and clinical departments. A personal interview is required and is initiated by invitation from the Admissions Committee.
- Primary application for the M.D. program
- M.D. program secondary application
- American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- Primary Application for the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D./Ph.D.)
- Please see the School of Health Professions’ admissions pages for specific instructions on how to apply to programs offered by the school.