Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at UT Southwestern Medical Center, in accordance with the Federal-Wide Assurance (FWA) on file with the Department of Health and Human Services, reviews and approves research involving human subjects that is conducted at UT Southwestern Medical Center and all affiliated institutions, including:
- Children's Medical Center
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- The Retina Foundation of the Southwest
The Board must also review and approve all research supported by grants and contracts involving human subjects conducted at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center for which a UT Southwestern faculty member serves as principal investigator.