Bret M. Evers, M.D., Ph.D., is Pathologist to the Histo Pathology Core.
Dr. Evers is Assistant Instructor of Pathology, Boarded in Anatomic Pathology, and current faculty member in Neuropathology.
In addition to his Neuropathology responsibilities and Pathologist role for the Histo Pathology Core, Dr. Evers serves as:
- Integrated Curriculum Course Director, Mechanisms of Disease and Translational Science Human Pathology Course
- Ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease
- Ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology
Neurodegeneration, neuromuscular disease, ophthalmic pathology, lipid metabolism, lysosomal biology, and inborn errors of development and metabolism.
- Insig-mediated regulation of craniofacial and hair follicle development
- Defining the physiologic role of progranulin in lysosomes using lipidomic and transcriptomic approaches
- Texas Society of Pathologists:
Educational Foundation Scholarship 2015
- Carl B and Florence E King Foundation:
Endowed Fund in Alzheimer's Disease Research Award 2015
- UTSW Department of Pathology:
Bruce D. Fallis Resident Award for Teaching 2014 & 2015
- Ph.D.: University of Texas Southwestern Graduate School, Dallas, Texas
- M.D.: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Undergraduate: Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas