Drs. Glass and Agim receive CCRAC grant
Congratulations to Donald Glass, M.D., and Nnenna Agim, M.D., for receiving a Children’s Medical Center CCRAC Junior Investigator Award to study the genetic origins of CDAGS syndrome.
Welcome to our new first-year residents
Welcome to Gina Byekova, M.D., Eunice Del Rosario, M.D., Jill Feetham, M.D., Jennifer Gill, M.D., Katherine Gordon, M.D., Patrick McDonough, M.D., Roselynn Nguyen, M.D., and Andrew Word, M.D., as they begin their dermatology residency training here at UTSW.
Best wishes to our graduating third-year residents
Congratulations and Best Wishes to our graduating third year residents: Shadi Kourosh, M.D., Kaveh Nezafati, M.D., Gopal Patel, M.D., Stephanie Savory, M.D., Stephanie Saxton-Daniels, M.D., Angela Shedd, M.D., and Alice Wuu, M.D. Wishing you success with the upcoming American Board of Dermatology Certification Exam, and with all of your future endeavors!
The Department’s annual Passages banquet and celebration was held June 20, 2013. Highlights of the evening include:
- Graduation certificates for the outgoing dermatology residents, dermatopathology fellows and surgical dermatology fellows.
- Cognitive Excellence Awards to Pamela Aubert, M.D., Lauren Y. Cao, M.D., Elizabeth N. Le, M.D., Gerardo A. Marrazzo, M.D., Kaveh Nezafati, M.D., Gopal A. Patel, M.D., and Jake E. Turrentine, M.D.
- Resident Peer Award for Humanism and Professionalism: Shadi Kourosh, M.D., and Katherine Ayoade, M.D.,
- Leadership Awards to Shadi Kourosh, M.D., and Kaveh Nezafati, M.D.,
- Star Clinician Award to Kaveh Nezafati, M.D., Gopal A. Patel, M.D., and Angela D. Shedd, M.D.
- Community Teacher of the Year: Dennis Newton, M.D.,
- Departmental Teacher of the Year: Josephine Quintanilla-Dieck, M.D.,
- A tribute to Philip Eichhorn, M.D., who is retiring after 38 years of service and contribution to the Department and to the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth community.
Spotlight on Dr. Agim and the Agape Clinic
Congratulations to Nnenna Agim, M.D., on being highlighted in Dermatology World for her continued care of the underserved at the Agape clinic.