Honors and Awards
The following are some of the notable honors and awards received by faculty affiliated with the Center for Human Nutrition at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Scott Grundy, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2002: Council of Nutrition 75th Anniversary Lecture on Physical Activity and Metabolism
- 2000: American Heart Association Discovery Award
- 1998: American Society of Clinical Nutrition E.V. McCollum Award
- 1998: Baylor College of Medicine Distinguished Alumnus
- 1997: American Heart Association Distinguished Achievement Award
Anil Agarwal, Ph.D.
- 2007: Member, Editorial Board, Molecular Nutrition and Food Research
- 2006: Member, Editorial Panel, American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology
- 2006: Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- 1990: Abstract to the Endocrine Society; Honored for presentation as a Presidential Selection
- 1984: CIBA Foundation, UK, CIBA Bursary
Jo Ann Carson, Ph.D., R.D.
- 2005: Distinguished Dietitian of the Year for Texas
- 1990: Texas Division of the American Cancer Society Ruby Award for Public Education
- 1985: Outstanding Young Women in America
- 1977: Recognized Young Dietitian from Texas
Deborah J. Clegg, Ph.D., R.D.
- 2003: International Congress of Obesity Young Investigator Award Recipient
- 2002: SSIB Meeting, Young Investigator Reward Recipient
Jonathan C. Cohen, Ph.D.
- 1986–1989: Medical Research Council Institute Scholarship
Abhimanyu Garg, M.D.
- 2003: All India Institute of Medical Sciences Silver Jubilee Oration Award
- 2001: UT Southwestern Endowed Chair in Human Nutrition Research
- 2000: Member, American Society for Clinical Investigation
- 1998: XXXVIII Annual Meeting of the Mexican Society of Endocrinology Keynote Speaker
- 1991: 8th Japan Diabetes-Lipid Research Seminar Keynote Speaker
Gloria Lena Vega, Ph.D.
- 2002: UT Southwestern Distinguished Professorship in Human Nutrition
- 2013: Robert I. Levy Memorial Award for Lipoprotein Metabolism Research