Honors and Awards
The following are some of the notable honors and awards received by CHN faculty.
Scott Grundy, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2002: Council of Nutrition 75th Anniversary Lecture on Physical Activity and Metabolism
- 2000: American Heart Association Discovery Award
- 1998: American Society of Clinical Nutrition E.V. McCollum Award
- 1998: Baylor College of Medicine Distinguished Alumnus
- 1997: American Heart Association Distinguished Achievement Award
Anil Agarwal, Ph.D.
- 2007: Member, Editorial Board, Molecular Nutrition and Food Research
- 2006: Member, Editorial Panel, American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology
- 2006: Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- 1990: Abstract to the Endocrine Society; Honored for presentation as a Presidential Selection
- 1984: CIBA Foundation, UK, CIBA Bursary
Jo Ann Carson, Ph.D., R.D.
- 2005: Distinguished Dietitian of the Year for Texas
- 1990: Texas Division of the American Cancer Society Ruby Award for Public Education
- 1985: Outstanding Young Women in America
- 1977: Recognized Young Dietitian from Texas
Deborah J. Clegg, Ph.D., R.D.
- 2003: International Congress of Obesity Young Investigator Award Recipient
- 2002: SSIB Meeting, Young Investigator Reward Recipient
Jonathan C. Cohen, Ph.D.
- 1986-1989: Medical Research Council Institute Scholarship
Abhimanyu Garg, M.D.
- 2003: All India Institute of Medical Sciences Silver Jubilee Oration Award
- 2001: UT Southwestern Endowed Chair in Human Nutrition Research
- 2000: Member, American Society for Clinical Investigation
- 1998: XXXVIII Annual Meeting of the Mexican Society of Endocrinology Keynote Speaker
- 1991: 8th Japan Diabetes-Lipid Research Seminar Keynote Speaker
Elizabeth Parks, Ph.D.
- 2002: Penn State Dept. of Nutrition Ruth Pike Lectureship
- 2001: Dannon Nutrition Leadership Institute
- 2000: 2000 ILSI Future Nutrition Leadership Award
- 1999: American Heart Association Fellow
Gloria Lena Vega, Ph.D.
- 2002: UT Southwestern Distinguished Professorship in Human Nutrition
- 2013: Robert I. Levy Memorial Award for Lipoprotein Metabolism Research