Material Transfer Agreement and Data Use Agreements
For (1) sending UT Southwestern materials or data to outside scientists in academia, government, or industry; or (2) obtaining materials or data from scientists in academia, government, or industry.
How to Initiate Material Transfer Agreement or Data Use Agreement
When a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) or Data Use Agreement (DUA) is required because you intend to send materials or data or you are receiving materials or data, the Principal Investigator (PI) or lab personnel can request such an agreement through iAIM. (UTSW login and password required.)
For sharing or receiving confidential unpublished/nonpublic information with or from outside organizations.
How to Initiate a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA)
- The principal investigator (PI) fills out a CDA Request Form and returns it via email to Cooperative and Sponsored Research. The particulars of the meeting, the planned discussion, and the expected outcome are required in this form.
- An agreement is then negotiated to provide a confidential discussion between UTSW faculty and employees and potential research partners.
Corporate Collaborative Research Agreement (CRA) or Sponsored Research Agreement (Non-Clinical)
For conducting research in collaboration with a for-profit entity or which is sponsored by a for-profit entity.
How to Initiate Collaborative Research Agreement (CRA) or Sponsored Research Agreement (SRA)
- PI emails Cooperative and Sponsored Research, providing the contract specialist with a research proposal and budget inclusive of the current commercial indirect cost.
- Cooperative and Sponsored Research reviews the submission.
- Cooperative and Sponsored Research drafts the appropriate agreement and sends it to the external agency for review/approval.
Visiting Scientist Agreement (VSA)
For a visit of any time frame by an outside scientist from academia, government, or industry to conduct research in a UT Southwestern lab.
Request a Visiting Scientist Agreement
PI must email Cooperative and Sponsored Research, providing the following information:
- Visiting scientist name
- Contact information of his/her employer
- Intended period of the visit
- Intended research to be conducted during the visit