Description of Agreement

Confidential Disclosure Agreements 
For sharing or receiving confidential unpublished/nonpublic information with or from outside organizations.
Contact: Kristi Lynn

For protecting intellectual property rights in inventions developed at UT Southwestern in the United States and abroad.
Contact:  Tracy Roberson 

License Agreements
For granting a company the right to make, use, or sell an invention developed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Contact: Technology Development 

For granting a company an option, to be exercised in the future at the company's discretion, to a license (see above) to a UT Southwestern invention.
Contact: Technology Development 

Start-ups/Equity Deals
For evaluation of a technology or family of technologies for the potential to sustain a start-up enterprise and the negotiation with venture capitalists, strategic investors, and other resources for business development.
Contact: Frank Grassler 

Corporate Sponsored Research
For receiving research funding from a company; the company usually receives right to access or negotiate for any intellectual property developed with the research funding.
Contact: Cooperative Research 

Material Transfer Agreement: Incoming and Outgoing
For sending UT Southwestern materials to outside scientists in academia, government, or industry or for obtaining materials from outside organizations, select the appropriate form under Contracts Management via your iAim account.
Contact: Cooperative Research

Consulting Agreements 
For consulting relationships between UT Southwestern faculty and commercial entities, outside employment must be reviewed and approved. Please note that responsibilities necessary to carry out obligations under consulting agreements may not use UTSW time, facilities, or resources.

Consulting agreements are personal agreements between faculty and companies and must therefore be approved as outside employment. See UT Southwestern Medical Center Conflict of Interest Policies and Outside Employment Policy.