Our Bionutrition Section is able to customize diets and perform complex assessments, including anthropometric measurements, body composition using DEXA, resting energy expenditure, and other dietary assessments.
The CTRC has a dietitian available to assist investigators with effective protocol development and conduct of nutrition aspects of clinical research protocols. The services provided by the CTRC Bionutritionist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assistance in the development of effective nutritional components of scientific protocols
- Provision of nutritional assessments, including anthropometric measurements and dietary assessments
- Development and implementation of study-specific research diets based on the current and highest standards of nutrition science
- Development and provision of study-specific nutrition counseling
- Collection and analysis of food-intake data
- Training of study coordinators and nutritionists for standardized nutrition data collection and analysis