Clinical Research Unit Nursing
Our experienced nursing staff is specially trained to perform clinical research procedures, work with investigators, and assist study staff. Patient safety is the nursing staff’s main priority; our nurses consistently use expert clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, and a participant-centered approach to care. Each research participant receiving Clinical Research Unit nursing services can expect to feel welcome, appreciated, and cared for in a confidential research environment.
The CRU nursing staff can assist with the following tasks:
- Preparation of detailed flow sheets and physician orders to ensure studies are conducted per protocol;
- Precise data collection and documentation, per protocol;
- One-on-one and protocol-specific nursing care;
- Participant assessments and continuous monitoring;
- Placement and management of intravenous catheters;
- Oral glucose testing and assistance with intravenous glucose testing;
- Administration of investigational drugs and infusions (including chemotherapy and biotherapy drugs);
- Handling and processing of patient specimens; and
- Other nursing services as requested.