The Proteomics Core provides UTSW and external researchers with access to state-of-the-art mass-spectrometry (MS) proteomics facilities. MS proteomics is fast becoming an essential analytical tool for biological scientists. Modern instrumentation and data analysis software can identify and quantify hundreds or thousands of proteins from complex biological mixtures such as cell lysates or body fluids.
The core provides a range of services, including:
- Intact molecular weight measurement by ESI-QTOF
- Protein identification from gel bands
- Protein identification from complex mixtures
- Identification of post-translational modifications
- SILAC, iTRAQ, and label-free quantification of peptides and proteins
We are an active research laboratory, as well as a core facility, and continually develop methods and software to improve results. Our instrument platforms include cutting-edge QExactive and Orbitrap Elite mass spectrometers, coupled to ultra-high performance LC systems.
See full details of our services at the core's main website.
Email inquiries to email@example.com.