DNA Microarray Core
The Microarray Core Facility (MCF) provides centralized access to microarray and related technology for our research community. The MCF provides access to a variety of microarray technologies, including Affymetrix GeneChip system, Illumina BeadArray system, Eppendorf DualChip platform, in-house spotted microarray, and proteomic arrays.
We provide a broad range of microarray products and services to our users, including:
- Whole-genome gene expression and genotyping (Affymetrix, Illumina, and other platforms available),
- Custom DNA array printing and hybridization service
- Proteomic array service
- Sample preparation (DNA, RNA) and QC (using Aligent 2100 Biolnalyzer and NanoDrop quantification)
- Microarray validation using Real-time PCR
- Microarray data analysis using a variety of bioinformatics tools including GeneSpring and Ingenuity (IPA).
We plan to add NimbleGen’s array CGH and Chip-IP analysis and next generation high speed sequencing in the near future.
Our goal is to provide the state-of-the-art technology to our faculties with the best service and the lowest cost.
Visit the Microarray Core Facility (MCF) service website.
Ward Wakeland, Ph.D.
Quan-Zhen Li, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Immunology
6000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-8814