Log Your Volunteer Hours
See the impact UT Southwestern has on our community
The President’s Council on Service & Civic Participation promotes our proud tradition of volunteer service. The Council has created the President’s Volunteer Service Awards as a way to thank and honor Americans who engage in volunteer service and, in doing so, inspire others to volunteer their time and energy. The service awards recognize and honor those who set a standard of service to others.
Volunteer service hours are not limited to those performed on behalf of UT Southwestern. In fact, service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year in which you participate. The service year for UT Southwestern is from May 2012 – April 2013.
Keep track of your hours and help your organization (class, program, college) and UT Southwestern showcase our community service involvement. The site also offers a special search function for finding volunteer opportunities based on the area zip codes.
You make a difference and we hope that you will share your volunteering efforts with us so that we can keep a record of all the wonderful things that UT Southwestern Students do for our community.
Take the first step in helping us keep track so that we can share. Create an account and log your hours. These hours can be for volunteering with student organizations, helping outside organizations such as community events, your church, etc. They do not have to be volunteer efforts that you do on behalf of UT Southwestern. Any type of volunteer activity counts.
Instructions on how to get started can be found on the UT System login page.
- Select UT Southwestern (select "Click Here" if you have not set up an account – under UT Southwestern’s name)
- Create your record (under section "What is a Record of Service").
- Be sure to place your college, program, department, and your graduation year in the "City" field in your profile.
- You will then be able to go to your record and then add to it your service activity.
- Service Activity – Volunteer Project in which you are participating
In the "City" field on your profile page, place your college and year, such as Estabrook 2015 or GSO 2013.
- If you created a record last year, please use the same one.
- You may record events effective May 1, 2012 – April 30, 2013.
Start logging hours today. In addition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org photos of you volunteering to the Student Center. We'd love to showcase them on our websites.