The University establishes policies and procedures regarding University facilities to ensure their equitable and appropriate use. The University does not endorse any statement or activity that does not represent official University action. Only registered student organizations may reserve rooms. Registered student organizations are subject to the policies and procedures in the UT Southwestern Handbook of Operating Procedures, “Use of Facilities,” Chapter 2 (Internal Link).
No person or organization may use a University facility for any purpose other than in the course of the regular mission of the University of Texas System unless authorized by the Regents’ Rules and Regulations. Any authorized use must be conducted in compliance with the provisions of the Regents’ Rules and Regulations, the approved rules and regulations of the University, and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Racquetball and Tennis Court Reservations
Call 214-648-3578 to make reservations for the racquetball court and tennis courts.
Forfeiture of Reservation
- Reservations must be claimed between 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the reserved time.
- If the reservation is not claimed by 10 minutes after the reservation period, all rights to the reservation are forfeited.
- If a reservation is forfeited, the court is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Usage Guidelines for the Racquetball Court
- Shoes and balls that mark the court are prohibited.
- Racket guards are required.
- Wrist guards are required on the racquetball rackets.
- Protective eye guard is recommended.
- Rackets are available for rent with your UT Southwestern ID card.
- Racquetballs may be purchased at the Member Services Desk.
Student Center and Pavilion
The Student Center offers approved registered student organizations the opportunity to reserve facilities for events/meetings in the Student Center and at the Pavilion. The Director of the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center will assist with the planning of events, assisting with room layout, completing necessary service request, and providing instruction on how to comply with University rules and regulations. Advanced planning is required. All facilities request should be made to Suzette Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Student Center’s realm of rooms that may be reserved are D1.700 and D1.600 at the noon hour (all other times will be reserved by the University Scheduling Coordinator) as well as the small classrooms located in Gooch Auditorium. To make reservations for these rooms, please complete the room request form and email it to Cynthia Griffin at email@example.com.
Room reservations for other rooms on the campus are made through the scheduling coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information concerning campus room opportunities and reservations can be found in the Student Organizations section.