- To establish and maintain a reputation as an outstanding provider of Otolaryngology medical care to adults and pediatric patients in ambulatory and facility settings
- To provide exceptional medical care to patients and families seeking services from our faculty members, including providing care to underserved patients and populations
- To instruct and educate physicians, students, and residents in the practice of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- To conduct meaningful research in the area of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, to study related illnesses and injuries, and to contribute to continued advances in the field through publications and collaborative research efforts
- To maintain sufficient internal and financial controls to operate a fiscally responsible department
Outstanding Faculty and Staff
The faculty of the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery consists of 21 full-time physicians, five part-time physicians, four research scientists, 20 audiologists, three nurse practitioners, two physical therapists, three speech-language pathologists, one physician assistant, and 40 volunteer faculty, as well as many outside physicians who refer patients from all over the Dallas-Fort Worth area and beyond.
Our Department has trained nearly 200 physicians who practice worldwide.
The Department was established under the leadership of William Meyerhoff, M.D. Dr. Meyerhoff served as Chair for almost two decades. In 2002, the Department leadership transitioned to Peter Roland, M.D., who is the current Chair.