Open positions are listed below, or visit UT Southwestern Careers for other career opportunities on campus.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Biochemistry seeks a bioinformatics expert, with significant experience of proteomics data analysis and software development, to work in the Proteomics Core and Mirzaei Laboratory at UT Southwestern. You will develop and maintain cutting-edge platforms for proteomics data analysis, oversee analysis of data generated in the core, and work closely with the laboratory and collaborators. You must be able to carry out research into complex computational proteomics problems and contribute to funding applications. Academic rank will be awarded commensurate with experience.
The Proteomics Core and Mirzaei Lab benefit from significant funding, resulting in a well-equipped mass-spectrometry facility. In addition to locally hosted computing facilities, the Core has access to Top500 supercomputing clusters at the University of Texas, Austin. UT Southwestern is seeking to establish a Department of Bioinformatics, promoting computational research and collaboration on campus.
Experience and Education
A Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, or related field is required. Candidates with a biological background must have significant computational experience. Three years postdoctoral experience is desired. A strong publication record is required.
- Familiar with common proteomics software (Mascot, MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer).
- Thorough understanding of identification and quantitation methods in proteomics.
- Significant programming experience (Perl and Java preferred).
- Web application and database development (MySQL essential).
- Linux and Windows system administration.
- Proteomics software – ISB Trans-Proteomic Pipeline, Skyline.
- Computing – Amazon Web Services cloud, HPC software development.
- Statistics – experimental design, analysis of large quantitative datasets, proficient in R.
Applications should be submitted online and must include a cover letter, full curriculum vitae, and statement of research interests. Three letters of reference should also be emailed directly to Dr. Mirzaei at email@example.com
Research Technician II – Job ID 508154
Computational Biologist I – Job ID 508395
Research Associate – Job ID 509213
Research Tech II – Job ID 509212
Information on these positions are available through the career opportunities and employment information page.