eCOI is the UT Southwestern Medical Center Conflict of Interest system designed for online submission of Statement of Financial interest forms using a web browser. Statement of Financial Interest forms submitted in eCOI are routed and reviewed electronically to help identify, understand and manage faculty, investigator and study personnel conflicts of interest.
eIRB is the UT Southwestern Institutional Review Board (IRB) online submission system, closely integrated with the Velos system. The eIRB system is designed for on-line submission of human subject research protocols and related documents. Protocols submitted in eIRB are routed and reviewed electronically.
ERGO, Electronic Research Grant Organizer, is a Web-based system that allows for research-based activities to be processed in an electronic environment.
Some of the features of ERGO include:
- Electronically routing forms through institutional processes and departments, eliminating the need to manually transport forms for approval.
- Storing all forms in an electronic storage cabinet, reducing paper costs and eliminating the need to purchase and maintain filing cabinets to store paper documents.
- Providing the user with the ability to print forms and/or grants in their institutional paper format.
- Providing the user with real-time form tracking, allowing users to watch their forms move through institutional approval processes.
- Specialized search function allowing the user to instantaneously access and retrieve any previously completed form.
- A built-in report function to allow users to find data and run reports.
Office of Global Health Data System
The Office of Global Health Data System catalogues the international profile of our faculty and captures information regarding Global Health faculty activities and student international learning opportunities. This affords opportunities for students, faculty and post doctoral students to search, view and collaborate on global programs with other students and Principal Investigators (PI) worldwide.
REDCap Survey is a secure web services application and a powerful HIPAA compliant tool for building and managing online surveys, which was developed by Vanderbilt University and is licensed through Academic Information Systems.
Research teams can create and design surveys in a web browser and engage potential respondents using a variety of notification methods. The REDCap Survey system provides secure, web-based applications that are flexible enough to be used for a variety of types of research, provide an intuitive interface for users to enter data and have real time validation rules (with automated data type and range checks) at the time of entry. This system offers easy data manipulation with audit trails and reporting for reporting, monitoring and querying patient records, and an automated export mechanism to common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R/S-Plus).
Velos is a study management tool used by dozens of world-class universities including UT Southwestern. It is designed to help investigators manage the setup and day-to-day activities of complex human research studies. It supports processes for:
- Participant recruitment
- Milestone management
- Data safety monitoring
- Adverse event reporting
- System integration
- Data collection
- Study execution