T3 Research is the third phase of the translation process and builds on the clinical efficacy work conducted in the second phase of the translation process (T2). It yields knowledge on best ways to implement beneficial new medical interventions in the clinic.
In this practice-oriented translation phase, the following can be measured and provides a basis for on-going research:
- Health care policy, quality, and cost
- Implementation of interventions and health care system redesign
- Scaling and spread of effective interventions.
Examples of T3 research:
- Phase 4 clinical or behavioral trials
- Health Services Research
- Clinical Outcomes Research
Examples of T3 Research at UT Southwestern