Volunteer and Service Opportunities
Volunteers make a difference at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Volunteering can help students bridge the knowledge they receive in the classroom with hands-on experiences. There are many positive aspects to being a volunteer, especially feeling good about making a difference. Volunteering allows you the opportunity to gain:
- A broader concern for the welfare of others.
- The experience of doing something worthwhile.
- A feeling of satisfaction and increased self esteem.
- Improved communication skills.
- Openness to persons different than yourself.
- Openness to new experiences.
- Personal power.
- Valuable experiences related to your chosen career.
Students who volunteer gain valuable skills, make new friends, and are more marketable to employers. There are numerous ways for students to get connected and be involved in community service, service learning, and civic engagement.