How to Apply
The Division of Pediatric Surgery participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and applications, submitted through ERAS, must be completed by mid-December for interviews to begin in January.
A complete application includes:
- ERAS application
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- ERAS generated curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation — one of which should be from the department chair or the program director of your prior surgery program
- Personal statement
- USMLE board scores
- ABSITE scores
- List of your publications
- Doctorate of Medicine
- Completion of an approved general surgery residency
- Eligibility to take qualifying examination in general surgery
- Current Advanced Trauma and Life Support Certification
- Ability to obtain Texas State Medical License after confirmation
Approved candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview on specified dates between January and March. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants are strongly encouraged to arrive in Dallas early enough to join the current fellows for dinner the evening before the interview day.
On the day of the interview, candidates will attend a department conference and meet with faculty and current residents. The interviews will conclude by mid-afternoon. Contact the program coordinator at 214-456-6040.