UT Southwestern Medical Center, in cooperation with Parkland Health & Hospital System, offers both categorical (PGY-1) and advanced (PGY-2) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Residency Programs through the National Resident Matching Program. The Residency Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Refer to the FRIEDA Online database for more information about the PM&R Residency Program.
Residency Program Features
- A curriculum of didactic coursework that includes conferences, grand rounds, journal clubs, and oral board practice exams
- Resident scholarly activity requirement
- An excellent faculty-to-resident ratio, providing a learning environment that fosters the development of clinical skills and academic abilities
- Residency management software for documentation of all residency requirements
The Residency Program also offers selective clinical rotations in:
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
After completing the PM&R Residency Program at UT Southwestern, residents are eligible to sit for the certification examination offered by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.