UT Southwestern Medical Center, in cooperation with Parkland Health & Hospital System, offers a 36-month Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Residency Program, starting at the PGY-2 level.
The program features:
- A curriculum of didactic course work that includes conferences, grand rounds, journal clubs, and oral board exams
- Clinical research as defined in the Resident Scholarly Activity requirement
- A faculty to resident ratio of 1.29:1, providing a learning environment that fosters the development of clinical skills and academic abilities
- Residency management software for documentation of all residency requirements
- Superb facilities
The PM&R Residency Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and offers outstanding clinical experiences in burns, wound care, trauma, electrodiagnosis, and neuro-rehabilitation at a variety of affiliated institutions, including:
- VA North Texas Health Care System
- Children’s Medical Center
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
- UT Southwestern University Hospitals
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- John Peter Smith Hospital of Fort Worth
After completing the PM&R Residency Program at UT Southwestern, residents are eligible to take the certification examination offered by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.