To achieve the aims of the Cutaneous Lupus Registry, our researchers are seeking to gather clinical information, and serum and tissue samples from interested individuals of all ethnicities with the following characteristics:
- At least 18 years old
- Have at least a sixth grade reading level
- Ability to provide written informed consent to participate in the Repository
- Available for annual follow up via provided contact information
Participants who meet the above general eligibility requirements must further fulfill any one of the following requirements:
- Diagnosis of cutaneous lupus erythematosus obtained by clinical, laboratory and histopathological findings
- Diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus by fulfillment of 4 of the 11 American College of Rheumatology criteria
In addition, participants who are diagnosed with another immune-mediated skin disease are encouraged to register as comparison disease control groups. Potential subjects who are not diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, especially those who are directly related to others with cutaneous or systemic lupus, can enroll as normal controls.
There are no costs associated with participation in the Registry (including blood work and skin biopsy). No treatments will be administered. However participants will be first in line to receive any treatments that emerge as a result of information gleaned from the Registry.