Faculty Diversity & Development
The Office of Faculty Diversity & Development (FDD) launched in January 2011 as the result of one of President Daniel K. Podolsky’s strategic initiatives for UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Our Office is responsible for enabling department chairs, center directors, and other academic leaders to recruit and retain the very best faculty to campus, while also implementing strategies to promote the careers of women and underrepresented minorities.
To facilitate the recruitment, development, and retention of diverse and outstanding faculty and trainees at UT Southwestern.
The primary objectives are to:
- Promote faculty diversity,
- Broaden faculty research funding opportunities.
- Assist in the promotion and tenure process.
- Provide career development opportunities.
- Offer mentoring and one-on-one career guidance.
The Office of Faculty Diversity & Development is housed on the fourth floor of the McDermott Administration Building (B building, South Campus). See Campus Map.